This dazzling color changing gemstone is called Alexandrite and mesmerizes anyone who lays eyes upon it. Our Star Aligned Alexandrite Ring was designed to be worn as a reminder that we have the ability to create our own joy, and transform into the best version of ourselves, by transmuting negative energy and seeing things in a new light.
Metal Type: 14K Rose Gold Plating
Metal Stamp: .925 Sterling Silver
Main Stone: 100% Alexandrite - Lab Grown
Setting Type: Prong Setting
Orgin: Russia, Sri Lanka, Brazil
Chakra: Heart, Third Eye, & Crown
Astrological Sign: Gemini
Planetary Correspondence: Mercury
Mohs Scale: 8
Alexandrite is a member of the chrysoberyl family of stone, some of the rarest stones on earth. (Despite the similar name, they are not related to the beryl family which includes emerald, aquamarine, and morganite). It sits at a 8.5 on the Mohs scale, making it one of the hardest gemstones.
Alexandrite has an optical property called pleochroism which means that it appears to change color when viewed at different angles. In addition to being pleochroic, it also changes color based on the ambient light source. Under incandescent lighting it will appear purplish-red, but in daylight it will appear bluish-green. This effect is due to the way it absorbs yellow light while transmitting blue and red light.
- helps you develop your own source of joy within yourself
- facilitates an awareness of the beauty of every moment, and your power to choose and make the most of your life.
- provides hope by means of awareness of the possibilities that are always available to you, no matter your circumstances.
- reinforces and realigns the mind, emotion and spirit within you.
- opens intuition and metaphysical abilities by providing wisdom and clarity
- creates a strong will and personal magnetism instilling self-confidence
- a symbol of royal power and acts as an efficient guardian stone.
- a useful spiritual purifier and renewal stone by allowing you to connect with the frequencies of Divine Knowledge and Divine Love.
- inspires your imagination encourages you to listen to your feelings and attunes your inner voice
As a stone of Mercury, it embodies the healing energy of the messenger god Mercury, as well as the hope, growth, peace, and prosperity associated with its daytime color, green. Specifically, it is believed to balance the mind, bring clarity, enhance intuition, and promote success.
When appearing red, the gemstone promotes love, sensuality, and passion. In this state, it promotes creativity, action, and self-expression. Its dual powers attract those who practice magic and those who meditate with crystals.
Magicians use the stone to cast spells to enhance memory, clarity, communication, and perception. They also wear it as an amulet to ward off stress and chaos. When worn, it is believed to balance the mind.
Those who meditate with crystal, rely on alexandrite to elicit change, success, and happiness. It also promotes self-confidence and clarity. Therefore, those who meditate with it believe it empowers them to successfully identify goals and achieve them.
Finally, in its red color alexandrite represents love, passion, and sensuality. Paired with its powers to provide clarity and balance to the mind, some believe it can soothe doubts about love and marriage. It may also inspire compassion, joy, and harmony.